Friday, February 23, 2018

Video on YouTube

Today I spent too much time putting together a YouTube video. I've just about given up on finding an agent for the first book in my Speed of Darkness series. I just keep telling myself that Stephen King's book The Gunslinger first came out through a minor publisher so I assume it had no agent either. And that is the first book of his Dark Tower series. So it's not hopeless for my Nigel Hunter character.

Roland Deschain eventually made his way into books that sold multi-millions of copies!

I've been looking at a website that I can use to pitch it to multiple publishers without an agent. One of the things that they require is a description on YouTube.
So for a couple of days I've been collecting free Chromebook programs to make YouTube videos. I already posted one trial that I made with a program that pastes a huge ad for themselves on top of the video, but that was bugging me, so I found a better editor that has no watermark.
And now I've made my video that's just over 2 minutes.
I still need to edit it a bit, but I'm pretty happy with the video now, and I think I can stop video editing for the day. Here it is:
https://youtu.be/v3aFFQ1nsHE

No comments:

Post a Comment