Monday, February 19, 2018

Reading Comparisons

I'm putting together a proposal for my book The Illumination Query in an attempt to attract a publisher for it. One thing that many people ask for is a list of comparable books.
I could quickly compare one of my characters to Lex Luther from Superman and my evil company The Eclipse to Oscorp from Spiderman and Weyland-Yutani conglomerate in the “Alien” movies. I figured my hacker group 'The Solar Flare was something like fsociety’ in ‘Mr. Robot’ (basically a fictional 'Anonymus'). And of coarse, having something of a mad scientist as the main character for half of the book, I had to mention Joss Whedon’s ‘Dr. Horrible’.
Not sure that I really had enough, I asked my sister if she had thought up any comparisons and she surprised me with two stories that I didn't know; The Island of Dr. Moreau and The Passage. So I decided that I ought to read these before I try to make the comparisons.
And I'm blogging right now because my Kindle batteries are dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment