Thursday, February 15, 2018

My current writing focuses

Curious what I'm up to as an armature writer? Right now I'm doing 3 things.

1 You may have seen it on Twitter, there is currently a month long hashtag event, #storywarriors were @writeratops is asking different authors a new question about their current writing projects every day. I'm using it to build up the plot for my new time-travel book that I'm calling Alternate at the moment. you can see my answers here.

2 I'm probably making something of a pest of myself, but I'm trying to find a literary agent for the book I wrote last year that I call From Elsewhere. It's about an alien that comes to Earth.

3 I'm trying to put together an outline to describe the book that I actually finished in 2014 that I call The Illumination Query. I've nearly given up on finding an agent for it, but because I've toyed with the idea of writing a whole series that follows it with 5 or 6 stories called The Speed of Darkness I'm not giving up on it yet. I'm looking into how I may be able to attract a publisher to it without an agent, hence the detailed outline.

I have self published a few short works on kindle, and some short early works on Smashwords, but I'm pretty pathetic in my own skimpy promotion efforts; So I've decided that I need to get an agent or a professional publisher if I seriously want to sell my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment